The Production Lead is responsible for assisting the area Supervisor in their assigned area and ensuring that there are efficient well-trained processes in place that will ensure quality, on-time and safe output.
The job is challenging yet rewarding, the team is amazingly hard-working, and the work is satisfying, yet fun! It is and will be what you make of it!
WHO WE ARE….
ZERO is a 300,000 square foot facility located in North Salt Lake, Utah. Since its beginnings in the 1950’s ZERO has been a world supplier of protective cases and enclosures. ZERO’s specialties include quality, deep-drawn and fabricated aluminum and molded plastic cases, enclosures, and assemblies for the aerospace, industrial, medical, oil and gas, logistics, electronics, and telecommunications markets. ZERO’s real product is protection – ensuring the safe transport and viability of valuable equipment and electronics, without compromise. ZERO provides solutions through a standard product line, or the ability to customize any existing product or engineer and manufacture any protective solution from scratch.
To be the recognized leader in serving our global customers with protective enclosure SOLUTIONS!
ZERO is committed to providing innovative protective solutions, exceptional customer service, employee pride and economic progress. Our employees are our #1 priority and greatest asset!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts Root Cause analysis of problems within the department and engages employees in resolution of the problems
2. Drives continuous process improvement
3. Leads employees in department to meet and exceed company goals and objectives.
4. Creates a continuous improvement environment
5. Motivates team members and develops teamwork
6. Drives process improvement and adherence to standards
7. Monitors safety, quality and productivity and makes recommendations for improvements in each of these areas
8. Provides training resources to ensure that employees within the department are fully trained
9. Records attendance and performance issues within the electronic system
10. Regular and consistent job attendance required, with or without reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to communicate in English (written and verbal)
2. Working knowledge and understanding of Lean principles and the ability to implement and sustain these principles
3. Ability to document processes
4. Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and blueprints
5. Ability to train and explain in terms that an untrained employee will understand
6. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
7. Ability to solve problems involving several variables in varied situations.
8. The ability and skills to establish and maintain priorities.
9. Familiar with Military Specifications and Standards a plus
10. Must be self-motivated, show initiative and be proactive
11. 3 years Manufacturing experience
12. Bi-lingual (a plus, not mandatory)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to add, subtract, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to stand and walk for long period of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Able to lift up to 30 pounds
This job requires the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously.
Requires the ability to be an effective communicator and to work well with others to achieve overall established goals.
Requires the ability to make effective decisions based on facts and intuition.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Safety glasses and Steel Toed footwear are required upon entering the manufacturing area.
Star Cases, LLC dba ZERO Manufacturing, maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling Star Cases, LLC dba ZERO Manufacturing’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. Star Cases, LLC dba ZERO Manufacturing does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits. In addition, it is the policy of Star Cases, LLC dba ZERO Manufacturing to provide a reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. To ensure that our EEO policies are carried out, Star Cases LLC dba ZERO Manufacturing has implemented an Affirmative Action Plan at our facility. If you have any questions regarding this information you may contact Tonya Grames, HR Manager at (801) 299-7301.